Friday, 5 October 2012

Invasion of the arachnid family

Typing just the title of this post makes my skin creeps...Well, I've abandoned this blog long enough that even cobwebs would have formed and baby spiders would have popped out. Urghh...Not that I know if anyone still reads or access this blog of mine anyway...Summer is approaching again...and it's the best breeding season for insects, spiders, moths...you name it, you see it. Hate them to the max, I tell you.

I've recently moved to a house, yes a proper house (been staying in uni accommodation and apartments for the past 6 yrs of my life) and the situation is definitely 10x worse than when you stay at higher ground. They comes in from every nook and cranny and you cannot do a thing about it. -.-" I've meant to get some proper photos of the new place up but I'm way too tired/ zoned out everyday to get it done. My bad! The house still feels pretty bare as we're yet to get more furnitures and storage cupboards. You would not believe the amount of craps stuffs that I've accumulated throughout the years and still refuse to chuck them into the bin e.g. err, my first year undergrad assignments?? No idea why I'm still keeping those...but who knows it might come in handy one day right? Or my sis might need it one day??

We're mostly settled in and start out a daily routine of chores at the new place. Now that we're staying in a house, we need to make sure we water the ground, clean the surrounding, push the bins out every Monday (or you get smelly garage/ backyard for the entire of next week), etc. Earlier this week we've got a minor incident where a worker who was building our verandah (or deck or outdoor area) fell down from the height of the roof and broke his wrist. =/ The whole verandah structure literally collapsed. My sister was home at the time and she totes freaked out...well I was pretty anxious when I got a call from my sis. But apparently he was okay and even managed to drive himself to the hospital (how on earth did he even does that?) Am thinking the man must still be in shock that he didn't feel the pain and drove straight to the hospital with his bad hand...I could not imagine how dangerous that could be!

2 comments:

  1. I still follow your blog! Surprise! lol..will pop in once in awhile..And I love your new house! It's so huge..Hope to visit it someday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, nice and huge house you have :)

    ReplyDelete