Friday, 17 June 2011

Mid of June

is the beginning of the winter months in the Southern hemisphere.

Was welcomed with a terrible cold at the beginning...not a very good sign. Sigh. It's so much colder this year, especially since summer hadn't been real hot.

My studies is progressing, which is truly exciting!! Been learning how to patch since a month ago (I'm not going to bore you with it...but if you're interested in knowing what I do - click here and here) . But as usual, I procrastinate A LOT and have only done it like, 5 times in like 20 days?!?!! O_O I can't say that I like patching in the lab because the rest despise it. =.="" Thinking I've betrayed our "lab techniques" completely...Lame, I know.

I was like the rest...refuse to accept or learn new techniques - and wana continue staying in the comfort zone. Sadly my project does not allow that! The very reason that I sorta refuse doing patching in the first place was because I dislike Physics and those electrical materials AND I was really terrible with the technique. I could broke up to 10 glass micropipettes in one single experiment!!! How demoralising right??! And I hate applying suction to break the cell membrane. It's like trying to make kissing noise in public. =.=" and having all guys and no girls in the patching lab does not help at all!! Imagine I was sitting at the rig, practising how to kiss by myself with the guys surrounding me??!! O_O Doesn't sound very tempting to learn the technique after all heyy??!!

But...practise makes perfect!! (: I'm getting the hang of it...just a couple of mistakes here and there. Oh, thank God for all the perseverance...I was actually ecstatic yesterday when I managed to get current recordings from cells that I didn't even realise I injured my upper lip due to the suction. =S Oh wells...who cares if I can get this done by July, I will be pretty much done with my FIRST paper!! The JOY!!!! (((:


No comments:

Post a Comment